Laughing Pets Atlanta is currently seeking responsible, dependable, honest and hard-working animal lovers. We provide professional pet care services 365 days per year.
Position: Full Time Dog walkers and Pet Sitters
Compensation: approx. $18/hour
Location of Position: Atlanta, GA
Laughing Pets Atlanta is a professional pet care service provider, dedicated to keeping our client’s furry friends happy, healthy and safe. Our services are customized to fit the needs of each individual and while we always remain professional, we have fun while doing our job!
We are currently seeking to hire full-time, dependable, honest and hard-working animal lovers to work as dog walkers and pet sitters to work the following hours:
- Weekday Dog Walkers: Monday through Friday walks are primarily scheduled 10:00-4:00pm but must be available for the occasional shifts
Eligible candidates for all positions are required to live in the following zip codes: 30305, 30306, 30307, 30308, 30309, 30318, 30324, 30327, 30329, 30324 and 30363
The following neighborhoods are located within these zip codes: Buckhead, Peachtree Hills, Peachtree Heights, Peachtree Battle, Brookwood Hills, Collier Hills, Ardmore Park, Midtown, Loring Heights, Garden Hills, Atlantic Station, West Midtown, Ansley Park, Underwood Hills, Berkely Hills, Morningside, Piedmont Heights, LaVista Park, Virginia Highland, Toco Hills.
It is required that you live in the above-mentioned zip codes/neighborhoods.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. Not only do we interact with pets on a daily basis, we interact with their owners as well.
- Must be able to handle pets of all sizes and all temperaments.
- This job is very physically demanding and we are working outside in all types of weather.
- A detail-oriented person who can follow directions is required. Some pets require medication or specific handling; mistakes could cost the life of a pet client.
- One day is different from the next. If you thrive best in a very structured environment, this job is not for you. A pet professional’s schedule is always changing. A readjustment of a schedule in the beginning or middle of a day is common due to a last minute, same day request.
- Responsible and honest. You will have access to client’s homes and are liable for anything that goes wrong; from losing a key, not securing a home, causing damage to furniture, walls, floor, etc.
- Possess a reliable method of transportation in order to arrive at Laughing Pets Atlanta client locations, throughout the in town Atlanta area, as assigned.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must own your own insured and reliable vehicle
- Must have a smart phone with unlimited data and texts
- Must love both dogs and cats
- Must be punctual, responsible, and organized
- Must be flexible and have good time management skills
- Must be able to provide references
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- Compensation starts as follows (with potential to earn more per visit):
- $9 for 20-30 minute dog walks
- $9 for 20-30 minute cat care visit
- $45 for overnight pet sitting (7pm – 7am) in client’s home
- Time and ½ for holidays
- Bonus potential available including client tips
- Flexible work schedules
- Fun job with frequent client interaction and doggy kisses
In a brief cover letter, answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to join our team?
- Which days of the week and times can you work?
- What experience do you have with dogs, cats and other pets?
- Are you currently employed?
- Is your job part-time or full-time?